- VM dual magnet cartridge with MicroLine® stylus
- Aluminum cantilever
- Paratoroidal coils improve generating efficiency
- Center shield plate between the left and right channels reduces crosstalk
- Durable low-resonance polymer cartridge housing
- Universal ½”-mount headshell for 4-pin turntable cartridges
The VM540ML MicroLine® stylus cartridge is the premier 500 Series model in Audio-Technica’s new VM cartridge line – a line that harks back to A-T’s early days as a manufacturer primarily of high-end phono cartridges, while also incorporating today’s advanced technology. Like all VM cartridges, the VM540ML is equipped with dual magnets that are positioned to match the left and right channels in the stereo record groove for outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response. The cartridge’s MicroLine® stylus allows it to trace the record groove with incredible accuracy, resulting in nuanced audio reproduction that elliptical and conical styli simply can’t match. The stylus’s multilevel shape also wears better than other styli, while reducing the wear on your records.